Sunday, February 21, 2010

'Long lost' Relative

We were recently contacted by one of my cousins who is also researching his family tree, so there is quite an overlap.  He too is having trouble with the mysterious grandfather.  We spent Saturday evening comparing notes sharing thoughts and generally catching up on the last 52 years - that's the last time we saw each other. I do not remember that encounter - which should come as no great surprise as I was around 2 years old.  The large family Bible, which has been passed down to me has a lot of family history in it, so I copied its pages for him.  I also scanned in a few of the old pictures that he has taken away in order to have professional copies made.  The picture shows my father (right) and his big brother, it was taken in 1941. 
Both my sister and I found it quite a strange experience to be talking to a relative who is so obviously part of the family - but who we really hadn't met before.  Some of the memories that we have of family stories begin to fit together a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment