Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christ Church and a 60th

Christ Church
Colossians 3:18-4:1 includes the command "Wives submit to your husbands" and various other commands on family life.  I'd swapped for today, and at the time hadn't even thought to check what the reading might be.  Anyway I should, in theory, be able to preach on any passage in the Bible.  Its just a matter of prayer and preparation.  Isn't it?  Well some passages are more difficult than others.  I researched my topic carefully - as I always do - and the result is here, should you want to read it.
As it was a fifth Sunday the young people provided the music.  Having them rota'd  like this means they can fit it in between revision and school work and clubs and ... (why do we teach our children to have such busy lives?).  I don't know how the rehearsals went, but the music was very good!  And I should note that Liz sang very well - and that she was the only singer.
We are still learning how to make the best of the new projector and teaching people to switch it off and on. It's a long time since I've used slides, and had forgotten  that to make open office presentations transportable you have to embed the pictures, not link to them.  There are ways of doing it.  The easiest is to paste the pictures, rather than attach them - so some of my pictures were missing.  
I'm currently working on evaluating the software for the new laptop - to see which is best for projecting songs and other things.

60th Birthday
After lunch we walked across town (30+ minutes each way) to a friends 60th Birthday celebration.  He had an 'open house' for the afternoon.  Very many friends had come to wish him well from his old workplace and from the church. We had a very enjoyable couple of hours chatting to various people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment