Monday, August 31, 2009

St Giles Flower Fesitval - Songs of Praise

I missed the main flower festival, as I was 'at work' preparing for next week. Around 5:30pm yesterday we stopped scanning pictures of long dead relatives, and quickly shutdown the computer to go to the Songs of Praise service at St Giles. The church is only a couple of miles outside Billericay, and the way to get there is walk across the fields, but that takes too much time at 5:30, when you want to be there by 6:00. So we drove and parked in a field, in the long grass.

Above is just one of the many displays. This is the one we were closest to, and as the service went on I had to resist the urge to see whether the bread was real - I was getting hungry!

After the service I met an old friend from the CCS days. I haven't seen him for ages, but can see something of him on Facebook. Tonight was not the time for a reunion - he was busy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment