Sunday, April 26, 2009

Still Sunny Sunday

This one I have been doing for ages. It helps the arm to stretch upwards and straighten. I use my son's 'pull-ups' bar and a scarf borrowed from my daughter. I can do these movements quite easily, and quite fast, but the purpose for me is stretching, so I have to be careful to be sure that I do that, and don't try to pull one arm off with the other!
There is progress to report. This week I have been able to wash my hair with my right hand, and this morning sitting in bed, I reached for my cup of tea, retrieved it and drank it - all using my right arm and hand. So the pain is worth it.

After the AGM at church, which followed on from a slightly shortened service, I watched the Bahrain Grand Prix - read my thoughts here.

Then it was off to Norsey Woods to see the bluebells. Last year we went after the may bank holiday, on a quite day, today, being surprisingly sunny the car park was full, and there were lots of people in the wood. Unfortunately the bluebells were not quite as impressive. Norsey is a managed coppiced wood, and the open spaces that gave such good views were more grown and the view more restricted. In any case I love this time of year when all the new growth is occurring. I'll write some more about that visit, and store it on the other blog, with some more pictures. Here's a clump to be going on with:

No comments:

Post a Comment