Sunday, August 04, 2024

Great Yarmouth Day 4 (1 August) - Climbing, Jumping and Dancing

Before I even start to talk about today, I must emphasise that I was only a supporter in each of these activities.

Andy and his boys on the climbing wall
Here they are on one of their attempts.  Everyone made it to the top eventually; some needed more tries than others.
 

Big Jump

There's also the One big jump.  It starts with a smaller jump, as practice, which most did without a thought.  A few of the children, not ours, struggled.  After the instructors have seen that they can do the low one, the group moves on to the high one.  Here there were several refusals in the group - it is a long way up.  A small boy jumped and didn't get his legs set right.  His landing was hard.  The instructors spent quite a while checking him over before returning him to his mother.  I bet he will be sore for a couple of days.  

Later, the girls had a go.  They are only allowed up to the top of the grips with smiley faces.  The older one could have, and would have, gone quite a bit further.  She had watched her brothers and that is enough.

There was more swimming today, and a visit to the "Cakery" for a snack.

In the evening, the pattern is the same, something for the children, some bingo, and something for the adults.  There was a prize for the happiest table.  For me, this entertainment and attempts to 'whip up the crowd' fall on deaf ears, or even make me go the other way.  That is only me, the rest are up and whooping and cheering and dancing.  In order not to ruin their chances, I did take a little part, and maybe it was that what got us one of the prizes.  That's my take on the result, and for this blog entry is the only one that matters!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment