Saturday, October 17, 2015

Autumn in Little Burstead

Saturday morning, when nothing else is happening, is dog walk morning. This morning I walked along the Laindon Road, down the A176 and into Little Burstead.  Then across the training ground and down behind the houses on the A176. The trees on the far side of the filed are turning from green to yellow, the mixture of colours brightens up what is otherwise an unremarkable autumn morning, neither cold, not foggy, nor sunny, but light enough to get a picture or too on the phone.
 The greyness of the sky and the green of the grass obscures the contrasts that the trees give - the contrast the eye sees instantly, but zoom in 4x an the picture is suddenly clearer.  It looks like that all the way along.
 
The route through the edge of Little Burstead takes me back across Laindon Common, then up the fields to the ourskirts of Billericay.  It is a good walk somewhere between 3 and 4 kilometres, and just right for the ailing dog and his ailing master, but today's walk did not get recorded because my phone is complaining that in a previous version of Android I turned off access to location to all google apps.  I may have done, I don't remember, but why has it only decided to tell me this week?
Who knows.
IT was an enjoyable walk, and allowed me the impression that all is right with the world, just for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment