Friday, July 30, 2010

4.3

The drugs are working - which is really good news.  After three weeks on Statins my Cholesterol score has dropped from 6.9mmol/l (millimoles/litre) to 4.3mmol/l.  Target is under 5mmol/l.  Now I'm praying I'm not one of the very few who suffer some really horrible side-effects after about 3 or 4 months of taking them. That's not the only down side of my treatments.  A study has revealed that Calcium supplements increase the risk of heart attack.  I had just re-started taking the calcium.  I may need to reconsider as my calcium levels have always been within the expected limits.  So the next thing to measure is blood pressure.  I'm told I can get a home machine to take my own measurements.  That will be another thing to add to the spreadsheet I keep of weight and waste-line measurements. 
Isn't getting older fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment