Sunday, October 18, 2009

Getting it Wrong

I hope that is not what I did this morning.  I was at St. Mary the Virgin at Little Burstead.  I've been there a number of times, and am slowly starting to get to know them.  I hope that for the most part it was OK, although I did get the end in the wrong order, so that the choir could not leave during the last hymn.  My sermon is here.  Its about James and John asking to sit at the right hand of Jesus - and completely missing the point of what they should have been learning from Jesus.

I was also leading the service at the 08:00 at Christ Church, where Warner was talking about James 1:19-27.  A very difficult passage, very well handled.  I'm not sure if the 8am service is recorded, if it is the recording will appear on our website.

Both churches are involved in the annual Shoe Box appeal, by Operation Christmas Child. It's a great way to celebrate Christmas, and I hope many people will support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment