Saturday, October 17, 2009

Busyness, pre-occupation, and ...

mainly my own lack of adequate planning.  In a short, necessary break from preparing a sermon on Mark 10v35:45 I find I need a distraction - something else to concentrate on while the thoughts in my head settle down.  I need about one more page or it will be way too long.  Trouble is I'm really only on the introduction.  Due entirely to my poor planning I'm speaking three Sunday's in a row.  There has not been time for me to absorb this passage, and the same will be true next week.  So, I've been very focussed on it every evening - to the exclusion of the other things I'm supposed to be doing - like meeting with the vicar and the wardens.  That meeting was missed altogether, on Friday I had to be reminded and was late! 

Now, I'm remembering a session we had on transformational preaching, and wondering how to fit some of that in. 

So, time to make the regular Saturday call, and see how Karen is.

No comments:

Post a Comment