Saturday, September 12, 2009

Burnham sea wall

Wondering what to do on Friday we decided to visit Burnham-on-Crouch. We have been there before, it's about an hours drive and the walk along the sea wall is usually pleasant. There are plenty of pubs for a quick drink, and if you park at the leisure centre its free. We had not been before in the day time. (Obviously,) in the day time there is much more open and much more going on. We tried to spot the spot on Foulness which I had thought was the Church. We managed to get closer to the North Sea this time, and the tower (it is definitely a tower) looks too wide to be party of a church. More like a water tower perhaps.

We had to be back in Billericay at a reasonable time so had reached the limits of our walk. Our pub walks book had one of its circular walks at Burnham, but as we had already done half of it travelling the wrong way we decided just to eat and return home. We had lunch at 'The Quayside'. It was almost empty when we arrived, so being a lovely day we decided to sit outside. By the time we left the outside was full. We are trend setters!

On the way back to the car we walked along the road, and came across Burnham's cinema.It reminded me of the Empire in Sandwich. I can't remember what we saw, possibly a Narnia Film, but I can remember the experience of a small Cinema. (Even my good friend Google can't find my blog on that.) We resolved to try the Rio.

As my holiday time comes to an end, I am starting to look at events in October, and beyond. I have been offered a chance to speak at 'A life worth living' which I am looking forward to. It has also been suggested that I volunteer for 'The Ultimate Goal', with Through Faith Missions. That is likely to be much more of a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment