Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Remus Horse Sanctuary - Church Walk & a busy Sunday

Sunday was a busy day, so it gets blogged on Tuesday. That's how far behind I am, so far behind that I forgot to charge my camera. One very poor picture was all I got, never mind.

Gift Day at church started it off.

After the first lap of the Turkish Grand Prix, with Jensen Button in the lead we left to go to the start of the walk, which was at a member of the congregations house. The weather had been dull and wet for my presentation about high ambient light at the church Gift Day. We are hoping to raise money for a new projection system.
I did not take a coat - I was sure it wouldn't rain, I took a hat to protect my head from the sun, and I needed it.

We walked across the fields behind Hannikins Farm Sports & Social Club. (point B)
View Larger Map
Within 10 minutes Billericay had disappeared behind the gently hills and we were in the country side. Across the river Wid by the weir and past various stables and farms eventually across a wheat field. Climbing over stiles, some in better repair than others.

We soon arrived at the Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary. They were having a fund raising day, and as a largish group we were each given £1 off the entry fee. There were many stalls, and horses, donkeys and goats. Some of the cruelty these animals have experienced is heart breaking. We must remember though that animals are animals, and humans are humans. There is also much human suffering to be alleviated. That for me is a more important task. Nevertheless I enjoyed the walk and was happy to help them in my small way.

On returning home I watched the remainder of the race. My championship table is here and Yes, it is different from everyone else's. Mine is a fairer points system.

Then it was back to church to lead the 6:30pm communion service - except it wasn't. The car battery was flat, not for the first time. We walked, and were picked up part way by the vicar. The service went very well, with a discussion on Matthew 5:27-30. Sex and money on the same day!!! It will be a shame to loose this service, but I think it is inevitable, the attendance is very low and there really aren't enough leaders to support it.

No comments:

Post a Comment