Sunday, May 17, 2009

10:30 @ St Mary the Virgin, Little Burstead

This was my second visit to Little Burstead to preach. I have enjoyed them both. There are not that many in the congregation, but it is only a small church, and only a small village. Many of the congregation live in Billericay, but that doesn't matter. The sermon which I called "Joining in with Jesus" can be read by following the link. I arrived in plenty of time, parked my car out the front and away from the road, behind one that was already there. St Mary's does not have a car park, just a long driveway to the church. The service was fairly traditional, with a four person choir processing up the aisle, and back again at the end. It is a friendly and easy going congregation, an a joy to visit. At the end there is coffee, which is brought out on trays and served in church. It was nice to stay and chat with the regulars, some of whom I hadn't met before.

It does, of course, mean that I have to catch up with Christ Church when I get back. Today was family service and parade for the uniform groups (scouts, cubs, guides, brownies) and was apparently better attended than usual. Still the sermon will be on the web site in a couple of days or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment