Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Back on the Bus

Another small step on my way back to 'normality'. The bus inevitably arrived late, without that happening I would have suspected something, but it was good of them to get an almost new bus with better than usual seats for the occasion. Apart from that the journey was unremarkable, and I remained adequately upright throughout.

I am now on acid or I will be on Saturday - Alendronic Acid - to be taken every 7 days. I collected these today and benefited from the NHS prescription system. These drugs are not expensive at less than £20 a box, but I get 3 boxes for just over £7. I have to say that I'm not looking froward to taking them. They have to be taken first thing in the morning, with water, and then you have to stay upright for 30 minutes. Then you can have breakfast. I like to break my fast much sooner than 30 minutes after I get up, and then there's the cup of tea in bed to be considered. The day should start slowly, after the sun has risen, and should proceed to breakfast without delay.

Now I have a question - According to a website on the subject Oranges and Lemons promote the alkaline balance - How is this possible?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pete,

    Thanks for your comment on my post about the amaryllis bed.

    I can't take gardening credit; these plants have been in the ground at that spot for over 15 years. We just leave them alone and they bloom profusely once a year.

    John

    ReplyDelete