Monday, September 22, 2008

Confused.com? - I am now (Who compares the comparers?)

We are planning a little excursion, so I wanted to buy travel insurance. Easy! On to confused .com and away.

Not so easy.

Confused.com - nice site, well presented, easy to compare products - that's why I go back. Tonight, I selected my product and clicked the link. Oops - no reference code, so I could go no further.

Moneysupermarket.com
Not bad, just didn't find what I wanted, and the prices are all that bit more expensive.

Comparethemarket.com
Compare? Surly that's the point! Why such a poor presentation? Only the premium on the front page - I like to know what I'm getting for my money.


So I did it the old fashioned way (well old fashioned by Internet standards, did you think I went and visited my neighbourhood broker?).

I have pretty much what I need, not quite so cheap, but less compromises on cover. My standard 3 companies:
Norwich Union
Direct Line
More Than

No comments:

Post a Comment