Sunday, September 12, 2010

St John the Divine

Today I was leading and preaching at St Johns Outward Common.  The congregation is smaller than Christ Church, but they are very friendly and welcoming.  Sermons are not recorded there so the only way you will have any idea what was said is to read the script. The videoed rehearsal was better, but still not good. I enjoyed the service, except for missing out a hymn, and had some good conversations with people afterwards. I'm looking forward to going back there later in the year.  I found out just before I left home that I was supposed to be on serving duty at Christ Church.  Thankfully Liz stood in for me.  I haven't received the bill yet!

This afternoon, after watching Jensen Button just missing out on a win at Monza, I spent nearly an hour on a Skype video conversation with Karen.  The conversation was mostly about her forthcoming wedding.  The man she is marrying is an American and she was trying to work out the best time for his relatives to come over.  Hopefully the date will be confirmed soon.

After that we took a drive to Willingale.


View Larger Map
We parked under the cherry tree in the 'Street view' picture (its not in bloom now though).  We soon lost the track that was described and ended on the road at the wrong place. I wonder if that was due to the field I think we were supposed to cross just having been ploughed.  I will probably never know.  The outline map we had indicated that another path existed so we followed that as best we could.  We did get back to the original route, and returned to the village at about the right time.
Its a very nice walk, in a village that has two churches next to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment