Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back to Normal Sunday

Today represents the first 'normal' Sunday of 2010.  That is we are now out of the Christmas season, the Children's groups have re-started and the next important celebration for us is months away.  Margaret spoke to us from Colossians 3:5-11 reminding us of the many things that the world finds acceptable in our behaviour, but God does not.  Next week its my turn.  As Margaret said I get all the good news as she has all the bad.  You cannot cover those verses though without moving past the 'Therefore' at the start of verse 12 - that would just be too depressing.  The passage is often used as a new year reading.  I'm not sure if this is coincidence or was carefully planned by Warner.
The new projector we were hoping to have installed by Christmas was again delayed by the weather, so again we are hoping it will be in place next week.  To go with it we will also have a new laptop.  That is where I have seen Windows 7, and I am working on configuring it.  When I have complete my analysis of the projection software I will publish it on the other blog or the technology blog, or perhaps both.

Not everything is normal though - Christ Church now has a video channel on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/ChristChurchTV.  We are also experimenting with video on our web site. This is an important step forward in the video age.  Now all we need are some gifted producers and editors.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous05:47

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete