Sunday, January 17, 2010

At Christ Church / Exercise

At Christ Church
I preached at the 08:00 service.  The topic was Colossians 3:12-14, which is titles "Rules for Holy Living" in my Bible.  You can read the text here.  I had struggled with the preparation, but was reasonable pleased with the result, especially as it was delivered after being woken by noisy children at 4am.  When does that end?
We have the new projector in place after some delays caused by the snowy weather.  Warner had prepared some video to show it off.  This was shown at the end of the service and delayed the congregation leaving by about 5 minutes.  There were two baptisms this morning.  We haven't had two for a very long time.  Both were boys and both very well behaved.  The church was packed. Liz lead and Jane preached.  The service went very well from my perspective.  Prayers were lead by Andy and Sue who also used the projector, and demonstrated that the laptop is at the end of its capabilities.  It took 10 minutes to get the powerpoint loaded into Impress (openoffice.org), but once loaded it worked fine.

Exercise
After a year of set backs and poor weather today was bright and sunny.  I decide to try out the bicycle.  To find out if it had survived being neglected for over a year.  I'm happy to report that it was fine.  My 'short route', the one I always start the summer cycling with if I've had a break is 4.1 miles (6.6 kilometres) according to google.  It took about half an hour, although I forgot to set the stop watch, so I only have a very approximate time.

I'm thinking about cycling to work, that is 8.8 miles, more than twice my starting distance, and then there's coming home too.

No comments:

Post a Comment