Sunday, June 24, 2007

Praise in the Park - Lake Meadows, Billericay, 11:00am

It was not a pleasant morning. The rain varied from light to heavy as the clouds crossed the sky. I wondered what to wear, to keep reasonably dry, and reasonably cool. As I walked through the town in my bright orange cagoule, I was aware that I was, shall I say, rather noticeable. Despite my prayer, and that of others, I'm sure, the rain did not stop. We gathered in the park. Surprisingly, quite a few. We stood under the gazebos that had been put up for the following event - the SMB fun day. The weather didn't dampen the spirits of most of the people there, although the practicalities of keeping dry did mean that there was a different feel to previous years. We were there to worship God, and we did. I can't comment on the sermon, because I couldn't hear it properly, that was partly due to being further away than usual, and partly due to the sound of the rain. In Britain, we tend to think of rain as a nuisance, something that spoils our day, we begrudgingly say that we need it, and we know it's true, but does it have to be NOW? In the many other countries, rain is a blessing, and that is how it is seen in scripture. Take Matthew 5:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment