Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mobile Piano

Cameras in phones have their uses. Tuesday lunch time I went to my usual shop to get some lunch. On the way I could hear music - a piano. There he was, playing tunes and driving his piano up and down Queen Street, and when he came to a road - directing the traffic too. Its the City of London Festival, and there are artists at all sorts of places around the city. I can only assume he's part of the festival. Whatever the case, it's good to have some entertainment and brightens up the day.So I got my food and went the the old WWII bombed out house, where I eat my lunch. It is open again after some serious refurbishment. The Fred Cleary garden. Follow the link for more details on the garden.
The refurbishment has added vines, and aromatic plants. Since I've been eating there its always been a quiet little corner away from the traffic - but packed with people eating lunch.
Here are the vines - just to be sure you really believe it:
What's going to happen when they are ripe?

2 comments:

  1. Is a piano easier to drive than a car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly. How many car drivers do you know who play the piano while driving? BUT you only travel at walking speed + 1mph

    ReplyDelete