Friday, August 28, 2026

Google's Blogger picture uploading mess

Google have recently changed the way pictures are uploaded to Blogger. I wonder if this has to do with the policy changes to Google storage, making phone backups part of the free 15Gb. They clearly want people to buy storage. 

Now this is what happens: 

So, then I select the picture by clicking browse, or by dragging and dropping.  The picture appears to upload, but it is never added to the blog.  It is not available in the 'Compose' or 'html' views.

I have tried this on Linux Mint and Ubuntu, using Librewolf, Firefox and Brave.  They are all the same.

Now the smart ones among you will say, "but you HAVE uploaded a picture".  True, to upload pictures now I have to be in a private tab.

So, to use Blogger, I must now:

  • Start an Private (or Incognito) tab in my browser. 
  • Visit Google.com and sign in.  Because the link to sign in on blogger doesn't always work
  • Visit Blogger, where I can create or edit my blog.

It really seems like Google don't want blogger anymore, which I hope is not the case because moving 20 years of blogs is a major effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment