Saturday, July 20, 2024

Anniston 8 July 2024 - Travel

Today is a travel day.  We are packed and ready.  At 8:55 after getting breakfast and petrol (gas) we are on our way. I was soon dozing in the car.  I woke suddenly and remembered my drugs were still in the bathroom cabinet. We were about 50 minutes into the journey. To say I was annoyed with myself is too much of an understatement. I am the subject of everyone's frustration.

We returned, and added 2 hours to our long journey, there was a traffic jam on the way back. Also, the lunch and break stops had to be re-planned.

At 12:20 we stopped for lunch at a waffle house. Then about 15:00 we stopped at a Buc-ees.  A strange place, it's like a motorway service station combined with a tourist 'tat' shop and a high-end garden centre, without plants. The fat, ugly, beaver gets everywhere, it seems.

The Buc-ees Beaver

About 19:30 we stopped at Culvers in Lake City, Florida. The local waiter, was fascinated by the British accent and all thing British. He had loads of questions, and he and his colleague visited our table a few times with questions, or just to hear the accent.  I've never been that comfortable being a celebrity, I don't consider myself special in that way: certainly not for just speaking differently.  At the same time, I was keen to talk to him and encourage him to visit, if he gets the chance.

In the car, we are talking about blogging and Karen tells me that I have a reader from among her friends, she came across the link on a Facebook post.  It's nice to know that someone else enjoys the content of my travel stories.  Since Google changed its statistics, I get no information, something didn't translate from the previous system.

We arrive at the holiday home (villa) about 21:30. The entry code works, but the alarm is not set, so we do not have to disable it.  We look for the Wi-Fi code, it is not in the book, nor is it on a sign as it is supposed to be.  We contact the owner and eventually get the code.  Everything else looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment