Saturday, July 20, 2024

Anniston 3 July 2024 - Pools and Guns

After a poor night's sleep, I am not feeling great today.  I have a fever, a headache, a groggy throat and am beyond tired.  My assumption is that the cause is the recent Pneumonia vaccination.

Nothing much is planned, and even less happens.  Karen gets lunch from Panera Bread.  The soup is lovely.  The Crosby's arrive soon after we finish eating, and everyone gets ready to visit the pool, which is part of the 'estate' Karen and Robert live on.  I retire to sleep.  Later all of us go to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner.  I have salmon, (I don't eat cow), with rice and a side salad that is covered in too much blue cheese dressing.  Rarely if ever will I complain about blue cheese anything.

I spoke to the waitress a little when I got the 'credit card protocol' wrong, and explained that I was English.  England is a place she has always wanted to visit, and was asking about the differences. I mentioned guns, that we don't own them, and she said most of the people in the restaurant were probably carrying a gun.  That was not a comfort - it did not make me feel safer.  I was glad to be out of there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment