Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Amble Day 6 - Remorseless Rain

I was awake about 6:30 and could hear Brody walking about, so got dressed and took him out.  I had 'waterproof' walking trousers and my dog walking coat - used in the depths of winter.  The wind went straight through it, and so did much of the rain.  I was out for about 11 minutes and was soaked.

Again about 11:20, for about 12 minutes, in an already wet coat, I braved the elements with Brody - dogs have to go out, and he doesn't really like it any more than I do.  Again I came back soaked, even my coat lining was damp.

We drove to the Old Ash Dene pub in Ashington.  It was not old.  It was on a trading estate, with piped music, none of which either of us was familiar with and served pub chain food.  OK, but not great.  Something to fill a hole and a break from the rain.  When we got back I took Brody to the grass, and around the pier, as the rain had just about stopped, but we still weren't out long, the wind was strong and it was about 10 degrees.  I really should have bought gloves!

I have a recorded total of just 1.86 miles walking for the whole day, but there is another dog walk to do, so I will get wet again.  The forecast has this going on to about 4pm tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment