Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Away Advert / Testimony

Yesterday, the guy who will lead the Christ Church Weekend Away in the Autumn preached at Christ Church. Phil Wason spoke on our series in Ephesians, from Chapter 2:1-10.  He comes from Milton Keynes, but originates from Liverpool.  He is an excellent speaker and spoke for quite a long time, so I'm going to have to listen to the sermon again when it is published on our website.  I'd never heard of him, so I decided to see what Google has to say.  This is what I found:
his books at WHSmiths.
a contribution to the churches in Milton Keynes
a sermon 
his testimony
some talks

that'll do for now.

In the afternoon, I attended the "Just Looking" course. (4pm @ Christ Church every other week until Easter) I was to give my testimony about the time I was unemployed and how God worked in my life during that time. (There are only two posts labelled 'redundancy'. So I must remember to write a fuller account of the events before I forget them.)

Talking about what God has done in your life is one of the most important things you can do.  Well, it is for me.  When I seem to be loosing track of God and Jesus seems just like a character in a piece of fiction, it brings me back to reality.  Now looking back I can see the track I have been following.  I can see God's plan being revealed.  I can see how my relationship with Jesus works from day to day and through the years.

In a sermon recently, I said that I have no idea where Jesus is leading me next.  That is still true.  What I learn from looking back is that He has a better plan for me than even I could imagine.  So I await the next step with 'bated breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment