Sunday, September 06, 2009

No more teenagers

Today our youngest has left his teenage years. He is getting older. Recently he has been staying at his girlfriend's father's house, looking after the dogs, so we haven't seen much of him. Some things haven't changed yet though. We still get together for a birthday meal (those of us that can). This time we went to the Inn on the Green. Mike's girlfriend joined us, but Andy and Liz were not able to. There are, of course, other birthday celebrations that are not parent appropriate. There is still cake too - and candles. Here you can see the result of Mike blowing out his candles rather too enthusiastically. (You may have to click the picture to get the full effect)
Our eldest, Karen, was down for a few days break after her trip to Africa with her young people. I've linked the first post on the subject, I'm sure there will be others. She spoke in church this morning, and was immediately approached to speak at woman's fellowship.

We have started a series on Colossians, and Jane gave us a very good introduction to the book, and summed it us as "Christ + nothing = salvation". She had also used the image of seeds in her talk to show how the faith can spread. Warner pointed out that Karen was a fully grown seed, off doing the Lord's work at St Hughs in Luton.

For the second week this year I cycled to church. Last time I was half dead on my return, but it was not so bad this time. It is only 2 miles each way! My poor fitness is returning as my shoulder heals and allows me to do more.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you shoulder feels a little better.

    I'm sue you are pleased with the "seeds" you've planted in this world.

    ReplyDelete