Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Physiotherapy session 10 / More on the Bus

Physiotherapy session 10
At last a new exercise. Like climbing the wall, but once you are up there, take a step back, and lean in toward the wall bowing your head. It pushes the arm further up - further than its been in six months. One or two of those are very painful, and as a result of that I think, I have lost the stability in my right hand again. I 'get the shakes' when trying to feed myself! Keyboard work is OK though.

After the Encounter with God, I am a lot less inclined to accept that there will always be limitations. It should help me to get more motivated to do the exercises. I was shown in the class that some fairly basic resistance exercises can loosen the muscles and give me further reach.

I think it was Luther that said "Pray as though everything depends on God, work as though everything depends on you" - not about healing I'm certain, but the principle stands. This should help me to be more motivated to pray, and ask for prayer.

More on the Bus
After Physiotherapy class, I catch the bus to Chelmsford. It is the first OAP bus, and is packed. Today it was also full of chatter - lots of noise. I want one of those people who measure the noise footprint of heathrow to try a trip on the bus!

We stopped just outside Billericay, the driver walked up the back of the bus and returned to his cab. He then walked up the back of the bus again. A few moments later a young man stormed off the bus, and judging by his waving good bye gesture (his thumb touched his finger tips as he waved his hand up and down) was none too pleased to be leaving. First time I've seen that, but because of the chatter the exchange with the driver was lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment