Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Dell Inspiron 530S & Vista - still no network drivers

Microsoft's procedure resulted in another evening wasted in installins and backing out sp1. Given that I sent them the config information from the machine I was surprised that they asked me to install drivers that were the same as the ones I had.

Also the procedure I was given did not work.
Uninstall the driver
Reboot
Install the driver from the new file.

Vista installs the old driver (which it insists is the best option) before I have a chance to say no.
The network card is:
Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100

I'm now waiting for a response, interestingly there are some people using SP1 with this network card and having other problems.

Now Vista takes longer than XP to both boot up and shut down.

No comments:

Post a Comment