Sunday, April 27, 2008

We won!

Last night, we attended a quiz night at church. The quiz night was in aid of the Atrium fund (we still have some loans to pay off for the atrium). There were 5 tables of eight or more people each. One of the table was filled with the winners of previous quiz nights. On our table we had a good mix of people, so that all of us could play our part, and there was not too much discussion because there was not too much overlap in our knowledge. By the third round we had a 2 point lead over the table with the previous winners on (Jokers excluded). On the last two rounds we managed to increase our lead, although somewhere along the line we had dropped half a point as compared to our closest competitors.

I surprised myself, and should learn that my instincts are better than my thought processes. We could have scored at least one more point if I had paid attention to them. I surprised my self also, that I began to feel distinctly competitive, although there really wasn't anything at stake, not even pride. We were not expected to win after all, and the prizes would not even set you up for tomorrows lunch. OK, so pride, in some form, is all that could have been at stake...

The 5 Amaryllises that have survived from last year, look like they are about to produce 4 flowers. I'm hoping that one of them will be red:

No comments:

Post a Comment