Saturday, December 08, 2007

Christmas, Easter - confused?

Christmas, Easter
I sat at the computer this morning to start work on my Christmas sermon. To try to find some interesting ways into the story of the shepherds. I had just started, when Jo brought me the days post. Something from the diocese - hmmm... "What could they want?" ... my next training day is in March. A Christmas card perhaps? No -The Lent & Eastertide programme!My sermon will, of course, have to take in some of the aspects of Easter, but I wasn't expecting it to arrive so soon.

More than a quarter of Brits don't know where Jesus was born!
Its higher than a third amongst the young. The appalling spiritual state of our nation was mentioned again on the radio (BBC Radio 4) this morning. Could I find the story on the BBC web-site? - No! It is, however, reported in India. Yesterday there was Seikh telling us not to lose religious heritage - I think it may be too late. Christmas now means "giving presents and being with family" apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment