Thursday, September 30, 2010

Top 10 @ Christ Church #8 Stealing

Ii was my turn to set up and lead the evening.  Its my only go, so I have to make the best of it.  With that in mind Jo and I arrived in plenty of time to photocopy the 'reminders' and set up the technology.  All went well, I'm pleased to say.  So as people started arriving I was ready and could be there to greet them at the door.  By the time we were due to start the weather had changed.  Heavy rain that lasted for the whole evening had started.  Happily it didn't seem to dampen people's spirits - about 80 people still came out. 
J.John challenged us all on exactly what stealing is.  "What do you have in your possession that is someone else's?"  "When have you taken time from your employer that you shouldn't have?"  "When have you failed to give what you promised to give?" These are just a few of the difficult questions that were asked.  We were then encouraged to make restitution, and where that's not possible to rid ourselves of anything stolen.

Food for thought. 

What do I have that I shouldn't - I bet there are some things, and as they come to mind I have to decide how I'm going to put things right ....

No comments:

Post a Comment