Monday, April 11, 2011

I have joined the Deanery Synod

I was asked to consider standing for the Deanery Synod.  I decided to give it a try and was duly elected on Sunday being one of three candidates for three posts.  When there's an election (rarely) we use a simple first past the post system, rather than alternative votes, that's because we're almost always voting for more that 1 person and rarely have more than one candidate to eliminate.  In a single post many candidate situation AV is better. 
Back to Synod.  Last time I was on Deanery Synod it was a simple talking shop.  Nothing it did mattered.  I cannot remember anything from Synod affecting the PCC in any way.  I really hope that it is much more effective now. 
We had probably the shortest sermon Christ Church has ever heard because the service was to be followed by the Annual Meeting.  It followed the video 'The Big Red Tractor'.  I don't know if it will be put on the web site but if it is watch the video first.

On Friday and Saturday I was in Woking at a Through faith Missions training day, follow the link to read about the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment