Saturday, January 29, 2011

08453007027 - Barclaycard: Customer Service Failure

Barclaycard took over my Leeds credit card.  On receipt of the card there was still a 'cash-back' balance.  I use to be given 1% back on purchases made on the card.  We stopped using the Leeds card a long time ago, I can't remember why, but there was a good reason.  Anyway I decided to try the Barclaycard.  I made a purchase - just one as a way of checking how well it worked.

My statement came, and I was pleased to see that the direct debit had been carried over.

Yesterday I got one of those silent telephone calls on my mobile from 08453007027.  I checked it in Google and apparently it was Barclaycard.  I got another call from them today.  They wanted to help me avoid late payment charges on the account.  The direct debit was not authorised for use before 24 February.  I had absolutely no input to moving the card or the direct debit. 

When a company makes a mistake like that they should ring to apologise and ask me what I would like to do.

They are a bank, so even when its their mistake they come demanding money, and then more money.  I paid, I had no reason not to, except by now I wanted to make it as hard as possible.  I'm told the payment will take two hours to clear.
Then I will close the account, I have already cut the cards in half.

Another 'triumph' for Customer relations.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous18:04

    Barclaycard Customer service is non existant. You get routed through to an indian call centre. Usually the lines are poor so you can hardly hear anything and then you have to cope with their accents. Theyy usually end up transferring the call where it then drops out and you go through the same saga.

    They never actually resolve any problem & refuse to put you though to the UK. If you write to them they just end up telling you to ring the same number you got knowhere with in the first place

    AVOID THEM LIKe THE PLAGUE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on hold with them right now. I've just crossed the 52:00 minute mark, simply trying to pay my bill as their online payment wouldn't go through. Every few seconds a voice keeps saying, 'Sorry to keep you, as soon as one of the team's free I'll put you through.'

    I feel like I'm going insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PeaBody19:17

    Barclaycard are suppose to treat customers fairly under FSA rules. Unfortunately unless people complain to the FSA about Barclaycard's customer service breaching this regulation due to causing payment difficulties, particularly after they have written a complaint letter to them , then nothing will happen.

    The FSA do actually act against companies but it needs people to complain. Either go to the FSA website, look under consumers and phone them or email them at consumer.queries [at] fsa.gov.uk (remove the spaces and replace the at character)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one quick solution....Cut up your credit cards into little shreds. If everyone did this, these greedy, soulless, blood sucking vampire, monsters wouldn't know where to look.

    Take my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous13:09

    Received a call from this number on my mobile from a femail ine a call centre with an Indian accent. She wanted information for me for "data protection" to confirm my identity but would provide nothing to prove she was actually from Barclaycarnd and that she knew anything more about me.

    Called Barclaycard back on number published on my statement. All numbers go throught to "Lost and Stolen" helpline which was not helpful. They claimed that nobody had called me and actually asked for my mobile number as it was not held on my account!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous08:18

    Oh dear, this is not Barclaycard but scammers after your ID. I hope you didn't give them any information...

    It is beggars belief how gullible people are.

    ReplyDelete