Sunday, November 14, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

It was not the first time I had spoken on Luke 21:5-19.  The sermons though have a very different context.  Today was remembrance Sunday, the last time it was not.  The worst thing was that I left the video clip on the computer at home, so had to act it out.  People were very polite, but I'm sure it wasn't that good.  I hope though that they got the point.  Here's how it should have been, and looking at it again I realise that the impression was rather lacking.  The sermon was based around the reading (as always) and the poster "Keep Calm and Carry On").  It will soon be published on the Christ Church web site, so you will be able to hear it, if not see it. To read it go here. It seems to have struck more of a chord with the older members of the congregation. However, it was not my intention to speak more to one section of the congregation than another.
Preaching is tiring, and I very nearly fell asleep during the last race of the season.  Congratulations to Sebastian Vettel, F1 world champion.  There are drivers and teams I support, and drivers and teams that I oppose.  Red Bull and Sebastian Vettel are not in either camp, although I am happy to recognise their achievement.
That's all for now, as I have to resume loft clearance activities.  The other week I removed all the old boxes and then we had a cold snap, the bedroom hardly warmed up at all.  I'll be glad when the new insulation is fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment