Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Uncle Albert

Jo's Uncle died recently after a couple of strokes. The funeral was yesterday, I had a day off work, and so did Michael. I hadn't had the chance to get to know him well, but I will find out more about him because he has written down his life story. He was a dedicated member of Basildon URC and had worked for much of his life with the Boys Brigade. Christian funerals are different to other funerals I've been to, I suppose that its down to the belief that there is more to come and that the person we have lost is not gone forever. We have recognised the contribution he made to the lives of those around him - particularly his Children and grand Children, and also his more distant relatives and friends. I'm looking forward to reading his life story.
In the evening Liz, Jo and I went to The Ship.  The meal we had there was very nice, if slightly more expensive than I was expecting.  Over the meal we discussed how we might further celebrate Jo's birthday, as we haven't done much yet.  Read Liz'z blog for details.  If we do it will make for some excellent pictures.

Our prayers are with Albert's family and friends as they come to terms with his parting.

No comments:

Post a Comment