Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Children of the Revolution - why that title?

Interrupted hasty blogging never works.  Take my post from a couple of days ago.  I carefully though of a good title, I want people to be drawn to the blogs - too often I end up with an index entry rather than a title.  Children of the Revolution is great - if you're even aware of T-Rex you will make the connection, if you're not it should make you want to read it.  Apart from being a T-Rex song and a good title there was a proper reason to use it.

After the service on Sunday, or at the end of the service on Sunday the Bill Legend band played this song, in the place where people begin to talk over the music and drift to coffee, or dash home to lunch.  It was the first and probably the only time we will end a service like that. No-one left.  Not until the song was finished.  It was some times written as "(you won't fool the) Children of the Revolution".  T-Rex lyrics were never profound (unless they are way too deep for me ...)  but I like to think that I am one of the Children of the Revolution - Christ's revolution to restore the world to what it should be.  They cannot be fooled.  OK that deals with the Chorus.  As to the verses ...

???

... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment