Sunday, September 13, 2009

10:00 at Christ Church, Billericay

Church had a belated 'back to school' feel this morning. OK, so my holiday is over, but I don't think that was all of it. There seemed to be more people, some we hadn't seen before apparently arrived because their sat-nav said we were the Baptist church. It's just a short walk down the hill on the other side. They seemed to enjoy it.

Warner spoke on the second extract from Colossians. Not having my pen I was trying to listen and make mental notes. The points I came away with were:
  • Praying for people daily (he doesn't pray for everyone daily, and neither do I - it would be impossible to do that and everything else), but I suspect Paul was saying that he prays for them as a group daily.
  • As we do God's 'things' (like praying, helping others) we get to know him better, but we cannot make Him love us more. It wasn't said but that implies we cannot make him love us less either.
You can listen to it for real when its posted here. I think I'll have to, I'm not used to listening without taking notes.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed your vacation travels, closed paths and all.

    Got a laugh over the Baptist mistake. I've read that some 19th century missionaries to India were turned away because the customs inspector thought their papers said Papist rather than Baptist!

    ReplyDelete