Sunday, July 05, 2009

10:30 @ St. Mary the Virgin, Little Burstead

I do enjoy going to Little Burstead, the congregation is relavively small, very friendly and welcoming. The church is ancient, and on the top of a hill and provides not only a lovely view but also a place of quiet and prayer. One of the congregation said this morning that you can feel the centuries of prayer there - I could only agree. When I am invited I willingly go.

Todays sermon on Mark 6:1-13 is here.

It was a very hot morning, and once robed up I was soon struggling with the heat. The sound system was not switched on, so the lady who relies on the loop was having difficulty hearing. Our service to the Lord is never perfect, I read the name of one of the marriage banns wrong, but God uses them to good purpose, and I managed a chat (and apology) with them at the end. There were some good conversations afterwards, and 'on topic' too - the sermon was discussed with me.

There is something going on at St. Mary's, I am pleased to be a part of it in some small way. I watch with interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment